Sunday, June 28, 2009

Summer time

Wow, time has sure flown by. The kids are out of school and the endless days of summer are beginning. I just want to mention my personal progress. I have been working on my third novel for a while. The first 50 or so pages are written and then I staled out. I mentioned a few blogs back that I had solved the problem by adding an additional character and subplot. I thought that was true, until I still couldn't write. Ugh! The process is hard sometimes. I finally realized I liked the additional character but I needed more action. So, now I'm imagining up whole new adventures involving dragons and underground tunnels. I'll see how it goes.

In other news, I finally got back my manuscript from Wendy Lamb books. They are the first publishing company to request my manuscript. It was so exciting back in August when I sent out my query with just the first five pages of text. I received a reply immediately to send the first 5 chapters. Then I received another letter asking for the whole manuscript. I can't tell you how excited I was. I checked the mail box for several months, nothing. Now the end of June I finally got a rejection letter. It was one of the nicest one's yet and I can tell the editor liked my work, she just had others she liked better. Oh Well! I'll keep my chin up.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe I'll have better luck getting in touch with you here - I've been leaving comments on the Northpoint blog for over a month now and still cannot get any info. Could someone PLEASE tell me how to contact the Northpoint HOA?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cheap Cindy- I just posted on the other blog too, nphoa98270@yahoo.com . As you can see I'm behind this summer. Our hoa president Jim is monitoring the email. If all else fails- my email is dorwh@aol.com. Please don't spread it around, but I feel bad you had to wait so long while I was on break. Dorine

    ReplyDelete