Saturday, August 22, 2009

Inspiration from Julia Child

I just saw Julie & Julia. It was a wonderful movie. And surprise it filled me full of inspiration. Just watching Julia Child struggle to have her cookbook published felt so familiar. And the Julie character who anwsers her husband's line, you're a writer, you've wrote a book, with the response, you're not a writer until you've been published. It all feels like something I've felt. There is a scene where Julia Child recieves a letter from a publisher. She's on her porch pacing around filled with excitment. I knew just how she felt. That moment before you open the letter when you are so filled with hope. Of course Julia got an acceptance and I don't know how that feels yet, but the possibilty is beautiful.

Julia Child's cookbook was rejected at first. She was so sad. It had taken her 8 years to write it. Wow, I can't even imagine. I guess what I'm trying to express is my feeling that you have to hang in there. Keep writing. Keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment