Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Nathan Bransford's First Paragraph Contest

Another cool contest by one of my favorite bloggers, Nathan Bransford, has been announced. The idea is to post the first paragraph of one of your works and let it be judged side by side with other posted paragraphs. I'd love any constructive criticism you might have to give me, so I'm posting my paragraph here too. This is for a middle grade fantasy novel.

A feeling of unease raised the short hairs on the back of 12 year old Kyler Brown’s neck. He glanced warily towards the dense forest that bordered his Aunt Martha’s property. The large evergreens crowded over every inch of land not tilled for farming. He narrowed his eyes looking for the source of his feelings, but nothing appeared. With a shake he returned to weeding the garden.

So what do you think?

Check out Nathan's contest http://www.nathanbransford.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment