Friday, January 29, 2010

Breakthrough Novel Award Contest

Tis the season for contests. This one was sent to me by my mom and dad. They found the article in their local paper.

Evidently, amazon.com, Penguin Publishing and Publisher's Weekly Mag are teaming up to offer a chance at getting your novel published. Submissions for the contest are accepted until Feb. 7. There are two categories, general fiction and YA fiction. The top two winners will get a book contract with Penguin and promotion from amazon.com, along with $15,000 in advances. Your work needs to be either unpublished or self-published.

Please go to the website and read all the rules. I was very excited until I got to the point that said novels must be at least 50,000 words. That ruled out my two complete manuscripts. But for many YA writers out there, their works are probably over 50,000. Here is the site:

www.amazon.com/abna

No comments:

Post a Comment