Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year!

I'd like to take a second to say congrats to my sister in law Lauri. She influenced me to begin writing in the first place and has been at it a couple years longer than I have. Her good news, after years of patience it looks like her first book is about to be picked up by an editor! She's just waiting for the contract.

All who read my blog know how hard it is to get an agent or editor. Each person's taste is unique and with thousands out there trying to get published the odds are stacked against you. I'm so happy for Lauri and wish her the best.

I am currently getting ready to send out my story, Cleopatra's Legacy, to agents. I've sat on it for a year while the publishing market has been shaky. Now that the new year is here I'm ready to brave the rejections in search of the ever elusive acceptance!

I've found a website that I really like, www.agentquery.com . It allows you to specify what type of genres and age groups you write for and then shows you a list of agents that accept your type of work. There is nothing worse than sending your work to an agent who has nothing to do with your style or level of writing. Remember- do your homework. I actually have meet several of the agents at SCBWI conferences, so I know the listings are legit. I'll let you know how things go. Happy New Year's to All!

No comments:

Post a Comment