Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Melissa Sarver- Agent

I lucked out and had Melissa for both my speed pitching and my agent one on one. She was totally nice. On the first day of the conference I introduced myself and asked her a few questions.


My biggest one, does she represent fantasy at all? The answer- No straight fantasy, but she will look at urban fantasy.

I asked her what her favorite books are right now. She is currently reading; The Forest of Hands and Teeth and The Hunger Games. Two books I've read and liked.

Melissa works at Elizabeth Kaplan Literary Agency. She represents adult, YA and Middle Grade Fiction. She likes contemporary, dystopian, family sagas and multi cultural stories.

In non fiction she is looking for memoir, lifestyle, business, travel writing, cookbooks and food.

I really enjoyed meeting with her. She was smart and witty and interested in what I had to say. To see more about Melissa check out http://elizabethkaplanlit.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment