Friday, March 23, 2012

Book Review- Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter

I have another great book to review, Goddess Interrupted, by Aimee Carter. It will hit shelves this Tuesday, March 27, 2012. This is the second book in the Goddess series, the first being The Goddess Test. I took the opportunity to read book one first, and just let me say, it’s great. So, pick it up first.

Now, The Story-  Kate is done with her six months of summer in Greece, and is excited to return home to Henry. When she reaches the underworld, things aren’t as she dreamed they would be. Calliope is on the loose and out for vegenance. Plus, she has begun to release Cronus, the evil Titan father of the six original gods.

Now, a war is on, and the once immortal gods can die. Kate tries to do her part, but she is a new immortal and hasn’t come into her powers yet. Worse than her feelings of uselessness, are feelings of unwantedness from Henry. Kate thought things would be wonderful, but Henry is still too hung up on Persephone.

Can the gods stop Cronus from destroying the world? And can Kate win Henry’s love?

My thoughts- A good sequel. The reader knows things can’t be all peachy when Kate returns to Henry, and it is a big surprise that the author has in store.  You can feel Kate’s angst as she deals with Persephone and Henry. Her struggles make perfect sense, and I feel that her choices are brave.

The plot is good, though not as consuming as book one. I enjoyed the fact that the immortals can now die. It adds a hint of desperation to their characters. I also really enjoyed the ending. I can’t tell you what happens, but you’ll love it. The author hands you a bone and then yanks it away. I can’t wait for the third book, it’s going to be heart wrenching.

No comments:

Post a Comment