Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Book Blast- The Rock of Ivanore by Laurisa White Reyes

This bookblast will run from May 15th to 22nd.  The author will be giving away a $50 Amazon Gift Card.  There will be approximately 25 blogs participating. Enter on the Rafflecopter form below.

I am offering a Signed copy -enter HERE - ends 5/17


LINKS:
Website: http://www.laurisawhitereyes.com/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Laurisa-White-Reyes/148553665188339
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/lwreyes
Blog: http://1000wrongs.blogspot.com/


The Interview:

1. Tell me what the Rock of Ivanore is about in your own words. (not flap copy)
Marcus is an enchanter's apprentice who can't get anything right. Every time he tries to cast a spell, it backfires. When he's allowed to participate in the annual quest, he must find the courage and the ability to face the challenges and dangers that await him.

2. What inspired you to write a fantasy and kidlit  novel?
I've always loved fantasy.  When my oldest son was younger, I used to read to him every night. One night he asked me to make up a story instead. Every night he would tell me what he wanted to hear in the story, which usually included dragons and magic. In time, I began writing the story down.

3.Tell me about your road to publication.
It took a year to write The Rock of Ivanore. Then I spent two years submitting it to fifty different publishers. I nearly gave up on it because I got so many rejections. Then one day I got an email from Tanglewood Press asking if the manuscript was still available. That was three years ago. So, the entire process from beginning to end has taken six years.

4. With 5 kids how do you find time to write?
I have to make time to write. When I was younger, I often stayed up until one or two in the morning. I can't do that anymore. I tend to fall asleep at my computer. So now I write a little in the morning before the kids wake up and at night after they go to bed. I don't get nearly as much time to write as I'd like, but that's okay. My kids come first.

5. What is your advice to aspiring writers?
Don't give up. Ever.




a Rafflecopter giveaway

2 comments: