Saturday, July 7, 2012

My Journey...3 1/2 months in

Update- I've been waiting to hear from my publisher about rewrites. Because 3 months have gone by since I signed my contract and I haven't heard from whomever my editor will be, I was getting worried. So, I emailed my acquisitions editor and asked. I got a response this week and I'm happy to say things are on schedule.


According to the email my book is still slated for a May 2013 release date, with a press date of March 2013. My editor is someone named Melissa, can't wait to hear from her. The email mentioned that she wouldn't get in contact with me until 3-4 months before the press date, so I should hear from her in December. I wonder about rewrites and corrections, but I'll have to see how that plays out.

Also, I was told they are working on finalizing my cover! That is so exciting, I can't wait to share it with everyone. Once I get it I can start some publicity.

That's all for now.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Dorine, I can't wait to see your book cover! It's so interesting for me to read your updates on the whole process. I had no idea it took this many months, and I can understand your concern about re-writes. I am sure you will have ample time, though. Exciting!

    ReplyDelete