Sunday, July 22, 2012

PNWA Conference 2012


Just back from the fabulous Pacific Northwest Writers Association Conference in Seattle, WA. It was a blast, and I had a chance to meet tons of agents. This was probably the best conference I've ever been to regarding contact with agents and editors.

Why? Because PNWA introduced a new feature this year: power pitching. Each attendee was scheduled for one power pitch block, and was then allowed to pitch to as many agents and editors as they could during that time limit. A little like speed dating. We had three minute to hook the agent or editor, and if they liked what they heard, they ask for either samples or a complete MS. * thanks to Mandy Hubbard for the pic below.

The keynotes were also fantastic featuring Donald Maass, Debbie MaComber, Robert Dugoni, and Christina Katz. I'll be blogging about what they said in upcoming blogs. But for now, I have some great pictures to share. PNWA CONFERENCE PHOTOS

2 comments:

  1. It was great to see you at the conference and I had a fantastic time, too! I love the power pitch photo you posted-- just looking at the length of that table and the room seems daunting :) I hope to see you at some of the PNWA meetings this coming year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great to see your Tara. I think you're being groomed for a spot on the board :)

      Delete