Friday, August 31, 2012

Back to the Books Hop


It's Back to School time, and that calls for a hop! The Back to the Books hop is sponsored by I'm a Reader, Not a Writer and Buried in Books.

I'm offering up an ARC of Tap Out, a YA book about bullies and abuse, by Eric Devine. It goes on sale September 11, 2012. This book is raw and emotional. Content includes strong language and violence. To enter fill out the rafflecopter form below. If you don't see it, click 'read more.'


Seventeen-year-old Tony Antioch lives in Pleasant Meadows, a trailer park where questions aren't asked since everyone already knows the answers from their own experience. He dreams of rescuing his mother from her constant stream of abusive boyfriends but in reality can barely duck the punches that are aimed at himself.



When Tony is coerced into joining his friend Rob's Mixed Martial Arts class, he is surprised to find that he has a talent that he actually wants to develop. But with a meth-dealing biker gang that is hungry for recruits and a vicious cycle of poverty and violence that precedes him, Tony is going to need a lot more than blood and guts to find a way out.

Gritty, powerful, and unapologetic, Tap Out explores what it takes to stay true to oneself and the consequences of the choices made along the way in order to do so. (flap)

Don't forget to hop over to the other blogs! List is after the rafflecopter form.

a Rafflecopter giveaway

17 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, I was made fun of. And you're right, it is a huge problem facing our youth. Thanks for this giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no, not really. I think it is a much bigger problem today as this is a facet of most of the reality shows so kids thibk this is "normal" behavior.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I was bullied as a young child out of racism. It was really bad...and definitely needs to be dealt with and prevented. I'm now an avid justice advocate because of it and have studied race relations and fully support inclusion! Thanks for your giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a teacher I see it way too often. Usually it is a child who isn't treated well at home. At school, they treat others badly to try and make themselevs feel better. Doesn't work though

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wasn't effected too badly. Just the occasional fat joke.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually had a pretty awesome high school class. Less than a 100 students in my graduating class so we were all very close. There was teasing but the bullying was pretty minimal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had such a good school experience. I was friends with everybody. Now, with school age children of my own, I see that it is a lot worse and a bigger problem now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I was teased about both my weight and my ethnic background. I grew up in a very racially prejudiced area.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No I went to christian schools. It would not be allowed so I was lucky

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was affected by bullying in school because I was overweight. I too agree that it is a problem that needs to be addressed

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, I was teased but it was nothing like the bullying these days. There was no Internet/texting back then.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was absolutely bullied in school, especially in high school. Even threatened by girls with switchblades.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was never bullied...just teased a bit

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was bullied in school and it's no fun.. My daughter also started to get bullied but i put a squash to that real quick !!!

    ReplyDelete