Thursday, September 6, 2012

Gearing Up to Get an Agent- Meet and Greet


I just found out about this great hop, so I am a little late posting, but still within the time frame- Phew. The Gearing Up to Get an Agent Hop is sponsored by Deana Barnhart.

Mini-Bio-
 My name is Dorine White. I graduated from BYU with a degree in Humanities. I spent a couple years writing screen plays before trying my hand at novels. I am happy to announce that my first book, The Emerald Ring, is due out in May 2013. It will be published by Sweetwater Press, an imprint of Cedar Fort Books, and is the first in a 5 book middle grade fantasy series.

I live in the beautiful Northwest with my husband and six busy children. When I'm not writing, I'm most likely reading. I am a member of three writer groups: The Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI), The Whidbey Island Writers Group, and The Pacific Northwest Writers Association (PNWA).


Meet & Greet-

1. Where do I write? For the longest time I wrote in the living room on our family desk top, but just a couple months ago a purchased a mini lap top, and now I tend to write sitting on my bed.

2.What is the first thing I see to the left of my writing space? Books, some in piles, some scattered around.

3. Favorite time to write? Whenever the kids are leaving me alone.

4. Drink of choice when writing? Water.

5. When writing do you listen to music or need silence? Silence, blessed silence.

6. What was the inspiration for your latest manuscript and where did you find it? Well, I love to daydream, so most of my stories begin there. I just keep building up the story in my head until I have to put it down on paper.

7. What's your must valuable writing tip? Join the SCBWI, they taught me everything I know.

20 comments:

  1. SCBWI is great! My next laptop will be a mini, too. I'm tired of lugging this thing around :) See you around GUTGAA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. smaller and cheaper. thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  2. I like to daydream too. I think most writers and readers do. :)
    http://otherworlddiner.blogspot.com/2012/09/deana-barnharts-gearing-up-to-get-agent.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello and so nice to meet you! I don't usually have the time and luxury of daydreaming, but when I do, I often dream about stuff not related to writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I decided to move to the bottom of the blog hop Meet and Greet list, figuring you might not be getting many visitors since you're near the end. It's great to get to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greetings!

    I'm hopping over from GUTGAA and checking out blogs. Nice to meet you...you have a lovely blog! Good luck with the contest...

    Donna L Martin
    www.donnalmartin.com
    www.donasdays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colors you've chosen for your blog. They're soothing. Nice to meet you. Good luck with GUTGAA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I picked the colors. I wanted it to be relaxing. And I love trees.

      Delete
  7. I'm sorry to be so late on the GUTGAA meet and greet. As always, life exploded into chaos when I thought things would calm down. Well, can't be helped. Here I am. BTW, my favorite drink is water too, but I never drink when writing. I ruined a PC that way once. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's ok, I was late signing up. Thanks for coming by.

      Delete
  8. I just noticed that you've joined us for GUTGAA, that's great! Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you ever been to LTUE at BYU? First writing conference I ever went to and it was wonderful. Last year was a little disorganized... but wonderful. Great to meet you and enjoy GUTGAA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been to LTUE. I haven't been back since I graduated. I plan to make it to LDS storytellers next year though.

      Delete
  10. Hey There! I’m a fellow blogger/writer looking to meet new people and discover great blogs, and I gladly added myself to your followers and can’t wait to read more!! I’d also love to invite you to check out a great giveaway I’m having, that I think would be right up your alley!

    Hope to see you there, and thanks so much!
    Martin

    http://www.meyersauthor.com/2012/09/5000-giftcard-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Martin, thanks for stopping by. I'll swing by your giveaway.

      Delete