Friday, September 7, 2012

Redemption by Veronique Launier


It is time for Redemption by Veronique Launier, a YA paranormal.


The Story- Sixteen-year-old Aude Vanier has a problem, she keeps hearing strange chanting and drums beating in her mind.

400 year old Guilliaume has his own problem. He’s been stuck as a gargoyle on top of a church for the last 70 years. When Aude’s chanting releases him back into the world, he swears to protect her and find out what is going on.

Together Aude and Guilliaume uncover an ancient prophecy about the destruction of Montreal and realize their only hope lies in Aude understanding her family power, and for Guilliaume to protect her while she learns, or all is over.

My Thoughts- Cool, I picked up this one just because it involved gargoyles, characters that haven’t been overused in the paranormal market. The story is fun and entertaining. I enjoyed the characters and the unraveling of Aude’s family secrets.

Guilliaume is actually one of four gargoyles that awake, all bound together like brothers. They each have their individual stories that intertwine with the main plot, adding levels of depth.

I can’t say the story blew me away, but it was a refreshing read and I recommend it as something new in the YA market.

2 comments:

  1. I also was excited about a story with gargoyles. I liked it mostly. Wasn't the greatest story ever like you said, but still a new type of story. You can read my review HERE.

    ReplyDelete