I’m thrilled to announce that I’ve been nominated for The Booker Award by Mara at The Writing Blues and Tara at Tara Sheets- Author. The Booker Award is specific to literary and otherwise bookish blogs, and I'm so excited to be a part of the tradition.
The rules for this one go as follows:
1. Nominate other blogs, as many as you want but 5-10 is always a good suggestion
2. Post the Booker Award picture.
3. Best of all, share your top 5 books of all time.
For my 5 favorite books, I am going to share the 5 books that influenced me the most in becoming who I am today. So not necessarily my current favs, but the most important ones. Do you have some favorite books that shaped who you are? Please leave a comment.
1. A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle :One of the first fantasy books I read that was dark and scary. I had nightmares over this one, but it opened up a whole new world.
2. Mary Poppins by PL Travers :I loved the book, the movie, and the music. I used to listen to the record of the book while trying to go to sleep at night. I became fascinated in magic.
3. Dune by Frank Herbert: This book enchanted me as a teenager. I read it over and over again, and the roots of sci-fi sank deep.
4. Homer's The Odyssey- I knew that I would have to read The Odyssey in ninth grade, so I read it early, and loved it. It was like a fantasy novel wrapped up just for me. I eagerly read it again a few months later in school.
5. Dante's The Inferno - Kind of a creepy book, but again, I loved it. I had to read it in high school and then again in college and it really added a dark side to my writing. The journey is so fascinating, and the best of the trilogy in my opinion.
Can you see where my love of Fantasy and Sci-Fi came from? By high school I was reading Dragon Lance, Forgotten Realms, Dragonriders of Pern, and Validmar Companions.
Now- onto other blogs-
http://1000wrongs.blogspot.com/ by Lauri Reyes, author. This blog not only focuses on Lauri's road to publication, but includes reviews, advice, and giveaways.