Saturday, September 22, 2012

The Paladin Prophecy by Mark Frost


I love to find new and original books, and this YA novel fits the bill. Full of action, The Paladin Prophecy by Mark Frost is a great read. It will hit shelves on September 25, 2012.

The Story- Teenager Will West lives by a certain set of rules, rules his father made into a list and drilled into Will’s head. At all times Will stays out of the spotlight and blends into the background, never showing his full potential. Then he aces a national test and an exclusive school comes knocking, but so do bad guys in black suits and black sedans.

Soon the bad guys have Will’s parents and Will is on the run, eventually taking shelter at the exclusive prep school that was interested in him. At the school Will is encourage to explore his full potential and soon learns that he is very different from other teenagers. He has strange abilities, and funny enough, so do the other kids in his dorm room. Together this group of kids learns about an ancient prophecy- the Paladin Prophecy- and things are never the same again.

My thoughts- Like I said above, new and original. I love the list of rules that Will lives by, and if you go to the end of the book, there is an actual list starting with #1. Cool. I also love the mystery and suspense that surrounds Will. You know that the bad guys are after him, but you never know why until the end. Plus, there are all these cool tech things, very sci-fi ish.

The story is well written and the characters are great. I did feel that not everything was explained well, and I was left with several questions that I hope will be answered in book 2. The plot moves well, flowing between action and mystery. I think this series holds great promise. 


 ebook is second link- price 10.99

4 comments:

  1. could you share the ebook, please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turns out the ebook is just as expensive as the hardback. I've added the link above.

      Delete
    2. More than worth the price, I read this not knowing i would have to wait until 2014 for more, but I'm sure it will be worth the waiting!

      Delete