Wednesday, November 14, 2012

My Journey... about 8 months in.


I  heard from Cedar Fort Books about my upcoming release, The Emerald Ring. I was contacted by Kelly, who will be my marketing/PR contact at Cedar Fort. Now that my book is 6 months away from release, it is time to make sure my marketing plan is up to date. I already turned in most of my stuff back when I signed, now I just need to come up with a press release. In particular, she wants to know if  I have any media contacts. Any of my readers out there in the media? I mostly just know fellow bloggers.

Kelly tells me that my book will be available for presale on Amazon.com within the next week. Wow! I'll definitely let everyone know when the official date arrives.

As for rewrites, I was told edits and corrections won't take place until January or February. I can't wait to get to work.

Then there's my cover. Kelly tells me they'll be something to see soon.When I get it, I'll probably do a cover release.

It's nice that things are finally on the move. I know the process is different for everybody, and I'm just so thankful Cedar Fort bought my manuscript. Until I know more, ttfn!

8 comments:

  1. Awesome Dorine. It's exciting that you're moving toward publication date. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! You must be so excited. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so exciting! The count down begins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I've read a lot of great books from Cedar fort recently, so yours must be pretty good for them :) Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting! I can't wait to see your new cover. What an amazing journey. Thank you for the updates. It's fun to watch what happens when everything is in "the works"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tara. I can't wait either. And just think, you were there at the beginning!

      Delete