Monday, December 31, 2012

Book Review- Poseidon and the Sea of Fury by Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams


For middle grade Monday I am delighted to review a great book by Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams- Poseidon and the Sea of Fury is book 2 in the Heroes in Training Series.

The Story-
Zeus, Poseidon and Hera escape King Cronus and his henchmen. As the book begins, they are following the Oracle Pythia's advice involving the sea and a trident with magical powers. They soon discover that a Titan named Oceanus owns the trident, and will not give it up. A battle begins, and young Poseidon discovers unexpected powers within him that might save the day.



My Thoughts-
Score! This is a perfect younger middle grade adventure that kids will love, especially boys. The action starts in chapter one and does not let up. Kids will read the story straight through. Plus, there are great jokes. I knew I was in for something funny when the Oracle Pythia starts out the book by mixing up words and expressions. I just had to laugh when I read something I knew my 7 year old would say.

A great easy read that will get kids into books. Two thumbs up.


No comments:

Post a Comment