Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Author Interview with Martha Brockenbrough



I am excited to share with everyone an interview with author Martha Brockenbrough. Her YA novel,  Devine Intervention, released last June from Arthur A Levine Books. Let's see what she's up to now!

1. What is the working title of your next book?
I’m keeping this under my hat for now. I love the title, though—it’s fun and a bit dark.
2. Where did the idea come from for the book?
It’s an idea I’ve been working on for a couple of years, actually. I’m interested in love, in what it means to be mortal, and in stories told from unusual points of view, and I’m trying to combine all of these interests.
3. What genre does your book fall under?
This would be a historical paranormal.

4. What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?
I’d cast James McAvoy and KeKe Palmer.
5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
I’m not quite ready to share this.
6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
I’m represented by Jill Corcoran of the Herman Agency.
7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?
About two years.
8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
The Book Thief and The Diviners.
9. Who or what inspired you to write this book?
This one’s for me. I’m stepping away from the kind of writing I’ve done all my professional life so that I can write a book I’d love to read.
10. What else about the book might pique the reader’s interest?
If you’ve ever thought about what it means to love, and whether it’s futile given our mortality, you will be interested in this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment