Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Catch That Cookie by Hallie Durand

Time for another awesome Christmas picture book! Today I am looking at Catch That Cookie by Hallie Durand. It is a really sweet and fun book to read to your children.

The Story- 
Marshall and his class have been learning about Gingerbread cookies all week long. They've  also heard the tale of The Little Gingerbread Boy. So, when his teacher announces that they are going to bake their own cookies, he is so excited. He doesn't believe that gingerbread cookies can run away for real, but then they do! His school class has to follow a bunch of clues left by the absent gingerbread men to find their treats. When they find their cookies, it is if they really did run away.

My Thoughts- 
What a heart warming tale that allows magic to exist in the world. I really loved watching my son as he heard the story. He loved the author's word choice and giggled throughout the tale. The illustrations are bold and colorful and really catch your attention. This one scored big points! 4 stars.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds really cute. I just ordered it from my library. Can't wait to read it. Thanks for telling me about it.

    ReplyDelete