Monday, December 8, 2014

Fyre by Angie Sage


Welcome to Middle Grade Monday! Today I am finishing up a series that I loved. The Septimus Heap series by Angie Sage. The seventh and final book in the series is Fyre.

The Story-
It is time for the Darke two-faced ring to be destroyed. To accomplish the task, Alchemist Marcellus reopens the Alchemy chamber, and unknown to Extra-Ordinary Wizard Marcia, he relights the Fyre.
Things are going well until the Darke Magic of the ring escapes and possesses Septimus's two uncles. In time, the magic will consume the uncles and the real Darke wizards that were captured hundreds of years ago will return.

These two wizards have two things on their minds, destroy Princess Jenna and destroy the Fyre and its ability to destroy the ring. It is a race against time and mighty magic as Septimus and the entire Heap family try to survive.

My Thoughts-
I have loved these books from book one, Magyk. The are unique and original with their own special vocabulary and circumstances. Sage is able to create an entire magical world that feels like it has always existed. In this book, the readers get an exciting conclusion, and my personal favorite, individual story endings for each important character.

Though the stories are based around Septimus, it is really the story of the entire Heap clan that keeps readers moving through the books. Each character is well developed and full of emotion and individuality. I was sad to reach the end, but yeah, then Sage announced a spin-off series that will include spotlights from our favorites.

5 stars!

4 comments:

  1. Okay, you've convinced me. I must read this series. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd forgotten about this series. I remember liking Magyk when it first came out, but then I never read any of the others. I should go find them in my library!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of these, but you make a good case for me find the time. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete