Monday, June 8, 2015

Book reveiw- Camp Omigosh by Wade Bradford


I have a great book to share with everyone today. It is Camp Omigosh by Wade Bradford, which releases this Tuesday! In full disclosure, I did work on this book in a developmental position. As always, my review will be my own opinion and I will not gain any financial profit from reviews or sales of this book.

The Story-
Welcome to a summer camp that is literally falling apart. Closed for over 30 years after the death of a camper, the camp is reopening with no electricity, no wi-fi and no cell phone service. Plus, all the maintenance will be done by the kids. The entire summer will be a rehab project.

Connor is at camp because his mother wants to get rid of him in between boarding schools. He is smart and adventurous and the first to put together that things aren't right at camp. With a bucket of suspicions, he gets his friends Tasha and Parker involved in uncovering the truth behind ghostly appearances, lake monsters and strange camp councilors who are mute.

As more bizarre and wacky occurrences happen, the truth comes out, and it is way beyond your wildest imagination.

My Thoughts- 

The reason I agreed to work on this book in first place was because of its originality. I loved the whole premise of this book, and even better, three quarters through everything changed and I was blown away. Things were just so interesting, well written and tense.

 The whole mystery of Camp Omigosh centers around the death of a student 30 years ago. I thought it was going to be a ghostly adventure book, but then things go deeper and as a reader I couldn't put the book down. There are so many strange things, and I needed to figure out why. There is great tension which builds, and then halfway through the book you find out the kids might be stuck at camp forever, wow, things go from warm to hot. Each of the characters in the book were quirky and had lives of their own. With their own stories and talents, they compliment each other and add a good dynamic to the story.

There are some grammar, punctuation errors that I am hoping are cleared up in the final run.

Kids will really enjoy this uniquely written book full of adventure, mystery, and yes... science fiction. 5 stars.

7 comments:

  1. The title pulled me in from the start. Can't wait to get a copy as it will make for a great summertime read. Thanks for your review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Greg! I know you'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really intriguing. I love books set at camp, and I like what you said about the mystery being unusual and blowing you away. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover is sure cute. Camp books are always fun and so are mysteries. This has a lot going for it. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Review! Also, Do you have your blog on bloglovin? I haven't been able to use my eamil subscriptions effectively and I am missing tons of blog posts. I am trying to switch over to bloglovin, because I have noticed that I visit a lot more blogs that way. And I want to keep following your blog! :)


    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to mention that when my book arrived in the mail I noticed that several errors were still there. Very sad, but the reason I liked the book is the plot. I hope you'll give it a go.

    ReplyDelete