Friday, July 1, 2016

Manuscript Wishlists 7/1/16

Yesterday was #mswl day on twitter. I thought I'd some things up for aspiring queriests.

HUMOR. If you're writing something funny - esp like wry, smart humor - I'd love to see it. PB, CB, MG, YA.

I like books that are set in magical worlds or take me to a strange new place

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Golden Girls adventure in space.

- Epic and darkly twisted YA Fantasy please!

Oh! Can I please get a YA novel where the characters have jobs and a community of coworkers? Think Empire Records.

Broader : fantasy whose settings are non-Western analogs. Funny as hell MG. Dark comedy for any age.

I will forever want magical realism in MG, YA & women's fiction. Bonus if the magic is strongly rooted in a specific culture or place.

❤️ 💛 💚 💙 💜 all genres - YA contemp, YA SFF, book club, romance, thrillers, historical fiction, ALL OF IT. Especially

Not afraid of unlikable or "damaged" female characters. To me they’re more real (Girls on Fire, Luckiest Girl Alive, Dark Places etc.)




No comments:

Post a Comment