Friday, October 28, 2016

PICTURE BOOK WEEK- Friday

My Grandparents Love Me by Claire Freedman and Judi Abbot

The Story-
Join little zebra as he travel's to a place of love and adventure, his grandparent's house.

My Thoughts-
This is a feel good book for youngsters. It is full of love and laughs that ensue with grandparents, and really brings a smile to your face as your read all the wonderful times little zebra experiences. My favorite and true line being, "I don't know how Gran's handbag, which doesn't look that full, has all we need for our day out...it must be magical." Oh boy, that is my mom right there. There is not a huge plot, just a fun time with grandma and grandpa.

The illustrations are all colorful and have a base theme of purple! Love purple, it is an underused color. Loads of other animals are present, playing with their own families, and kids will love searching them out. Just the  way the artist expressed things conveyed love and laughter. I'm giving this one 4 stars!


No comments:

Post a Comment