Monday, January 9, 2017

Galaxy Zack - A Green Christmas! by Ray O'Ryan


Hi everyone! It has been so busy lately that I haven't had time to keep up with my blog. With November being NaNoWriMo and then Christmas, whoa! time just got away from me. So let me start with a Happy New Year! I hope 2017 brings you many great books and inspired writing.

Today is Middle Grade Monday, and I'm starting with a book that I got my son for Christmas, Galaxy Zack- A Green Christmas by Ray O'Ryan. It is sold under the Little Simon imprint and is book #6 in a series.

The Story-
Zack can't wait to head back to Earth to have an old fashioned Christmas, but a cosmic storm strands his family on their new home planet, and Zack is miserable. Then something miraculous occurs, green snow starts falling and Zack and his family are able to experience a space Christmas.

My Thoughts-
Well, I asked my son to help me out on this one. He loves the Galaxy Zack series and begged for more books for Christmas. He read this one that very day. I asked him what he loved so much about this book and he said that it was fun to see green snow fall on a space planet. Zack is a kid just like him that gets into funny adventures. I asked him about the other books he's read in the series and he said that each one has a different adventure that he gets to guess about.

As I looked through the book I loved the fact that it was filled with pictures that tell the story. Kids in younger grades will have an easy time with the big print, picture decoding and short length, and at the same time will fill the accomplishment of reading at a middle grade level. From how fast my son gobbles this series down I know it will be a good read for kids- full of funny events and quirky space aged hi jinks. 5 stars!

Below I'm including the link to the first four books in a set, and then book 6.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun story and I have read at least one other title in the series. Thanks for sharing and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a series worth looking into thanks for the recommendation. I'll be looking for the series. Happy New year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one isn't my cup of tea, but it's good to know about. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete