Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Manuscript Wishlists- #MSWL 3/1

Welcome to Inside the Publishing World! Let's take a look at what Editors and Agents are tweeting about recently on their wishlists. One hashtag that I see repeating is #ownvoices.

Susan Hawk‏ @susanhawk  Feb 17
 I'd love to see a MG or YA novel based on/related to the Flint Water Crisis. #MSWL

ellen‏ @ellencormier
 #MSWL: A Riverdale-esque YA retelling of a classic, non-murdery tale. But less soapy, more literary, and turn the noir up to 11.

Lisa Yoskowitz‏ @LisaYoskowitz
 (2/3) magical realism MG; powerful MG historical fic; genre-busting MG; pacey and hook-y contemp or historical YA #mswl

Tiny Fox Press‏ @TinyFoxPress
 #MSWL #amediting #amquerying I'd like to see a race like the Itidarod around the galaxy, Douglas Adams style.

Kelsey Horton‏ @KelseyMHorton  Feb 26
 In honor of #tellafairytaleday let it be known that I love fresh retellings and anything fairytale-esque. #mswl

P.S. Literary Agency‏ @PSLiterary  Feb 24
 “Fantasy (urban or otherwise) dealing with the diaspora of a magical community—how does the magic change/thrive?” @kurestinarmada #MSWL

P.S. Literary Agency‏ @PSLiterary  Feb 17
 "Historical novels where plot & setting have to work together i.e. Nightingale, Arcadia, Girl You Left Behind." @carlywatters #MSWL

Dr. Uwe Stender‏ @UweStenderPhD  Feb 24
 So when I re-open to queries again next week, THAT is what I want: GREAT books. Make me laugh or cry or fear or give me hope. #MSWL #query

T.S. Ferguson‏ @TeeEss  Feb 23
 Today seems a good day to re-emphasize that I'd love to acquire #OwnVoices trans stories across any of the genres I'm acquiring in. #MSWL

Peter Knapp‏ @petejknapp  Feb 18
 #MSWL - MIDDLE GRADE. I want to sign more MG, so please query me! I'm genre agnostic in MG...I just want the voice & story that grabs me.

Annie Bomke‏ @ABLiterary  Feb 17
 I'd love to see more noir w/ a strong sense of place and memorable voice. Hillbilly noir. Noir set in foreign counties & small towns. #MSWL


3 comments:

  1. These are great! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing these! I love perusing the #mswl feed and seeing what agents are looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My pleasure. I try to make sure I get the writer's side of the blog in there.

    ReplyDelete