Thursday, April 20, 2017

Cover Love- The Bronze Key

Every Thursday I will be sharing a book cover with you that grabbed my attention. You know, the ones you see in the book store or library and you just have to pick them up to see what their about. Some of these books I have read, others not. This is not a review segment, just a cover profile. So, no blurbs. Where possible I will try to figure out who the cover artist is too. Keeping with the theme of my blog, these will be picture books, chapter books, middle grade and YA.

I hope you like this new segment. These are my personal choices, books can be published traditionally or self-published- I'm only interested in the art choices. I would love to hear what you think of these covers, so please leave comments.

Today's pick...

The Bronze Key by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare
Jacket art by Alexandre Chaudret

The giant blue snake grabbed my attention first. I love the way the blue turns into purple and then red and orange. It is truly eye catching. The three youth are front and center, but the big serpent is looming over them, so you know this will be an adventure. Each character holds a different weapon and the girl in front has magic glowing hands. I love hints of magic. So yep, I picked this one up. FYI- It is part of a series.

No comments:

Post a Comment