Thursday, April 13, 2017

Cover Love - Carve the Mark

Welcome to a new feature on my blog- Cover Love. 

Every Thursday I will be sharing a book cover with you that grabbed my attention. You know, the ones you see in the book store or library and you just have to pick them up to see what their about. Some of these books I have read, others not. This is not a review segment, just a cover profile. So, no blurbs. Where possible I will try to figure out who the cover artist is too. Keeping with the theme of my blog, these will be picture books, chapter books, middle grade and YA.

I hope you like this new segment. These are my personal choices, books can be published traditionally or self-published- I'm only interested in the art choices. I would love to hear what you think of these covers, so please leave comments.
So drum roll please........


Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth. Cover Art by Jeff Huang.

I love the bleeding slashes that seem to be oozing lava or gold. They hit just the right note with the tittle. Whatever is going to take place will be savage. Even the caption works, "Honor has no place in Survival." The twinkles in the type font causes your eye to travel downwards, one word at a time. Very simple, yet bold. I'd pick this up, and hey, I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment