Thursday, June 1, 2017

Cover Love- Mama's Nightingale: A Story of Immigration and Separation

These are my personal choices, books can be published traditionally or self-published- I'm only interested in the art choices. I would love to hear what you think of these covers, so please leave comments.

Today's pick is a library find ...


Mama's Nightingale: A Story of Immigration and Separation by Edwidge Danticat
Illustrations by Leslie Staub

The colors grabbed me first, bold blues and vibrant greens plus dabs of red. Then I took in the folk artesque rendering of the mom and daughter. The mother's hand lovingly caressing her daughter's face. The daughter reaching for her mom and the nightingale. The title banner flowing around the two. It just called to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment