Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Manuscript Wishlists 9/6/17

Welcome to Inside the Publishing World Wednesday! Today I'm doing a run down of twitter tweets that came out in August, while I was on vacation, from editors and agents. And don't forget Sept 12 #MSWL Day. Don't forget to check it out. However, I'll be doing a recap on the blog in case you miss it.

Jess Errera‏ @thisJESStin  Aug 31
 A contemporary, yet campy, 90s set YA #MSWL

Meg LaTorre-Snyder‏ @MegLaTorre  Sep 1
 #MSWL: I'd love a steampunk Beauty & the Beast retelling. (Bonus points for M/M or F/F romance.)

 Kaitlyn Johnson‏ @kaitylynne13  Sept 3
 #MSWL #HistFic in vein of What Happened to Amelia Earhart (plucky pre-flight stories, too!)
Kaitlyn Johnson‏ @kaitylynne13  Aug 23
 #MSWL MG camping/wood stories ala King of Summer. Male POVs. Young male friendships!

P.S. Literary Agency‏ @PSLiterary  Aug 24
 "Psychological horror for #YA. Terrify me." @msmariavicente #MSWL http://mariavicente.com/representation/

JenniferMarchSoloway‏ @marchsoloway  Aug 22
JenniferMarchSoloway Retweeted Scholastic
I would love to read a perfect kissing scene. #MSWL

Hallmark Publishing‏ @HallmarkPublish  Aug 22
 We'd love to see more clean contemporary romantic comedy. #MSWL #amwritingromance

Jess Errera‏ @thisJESStin  Aug 22
 What's a girl gotta do to get some M/M (contemporary?) romance in her inbox?! #MSWL

Hillary Jacobson‏ @hillaryjacobson  Aug 22
 WATCH ME DISAPPEAR by @janelleb is the epitome of what I'm looking for. Gorgeous writing, twisty, secrets & lies... #mswl

Thao Le‏
@ThaoLe8
As a fan of board games and escape rooms I'd love a puzzle-y or geeky mg/ya about them #mswl

Elizabeth Bewley‏ @ElizBewley  Aug 22
 I'm in the mood for love. I hope to get some great relationship stories soon! #YAromanceplease. #mswl

Kelly‏ @YAFantasyFan  Aug 21
 Guys, I really, really want a well written cowboy or geeky romance right now. Totally open to slightly erotic romance too. #MSWL

Penny Moore‏ @precociouspenny  Aug 21
 I'd love a YA thriller a la Kara Thomas's Little Monsters or Karen McManus's One of Us is Lying. #mswl

Alyssa Jennette‏ @AlyssaJennette  Aug 21
 #MSWL Someone gets blinded by the eclipse but now they have superpowers/visions/etc.

P.S. Literary Agency‏ @PSLiterary  Aug 20
 "Non-fiction Pop Psychology, Cooking, Design, Humor, Narrative, Photography. " @kurestinarmada #MSWL

Léonicka‏ @leonicka  Aug 19
Léonicka Retweeted Tiffany Brown
I've noticed this in my reading too. I need more self-help and business books by people of color, please and thank you. #MSWL

Agent V‏ @VeroniKaboom  Aug 19
 I want a modern day Drop Dead Gorgeous. Small town pageants, scary parents, taking down the NRA, etc. #MSWL #YA #RomanceOptional #WDC17

THREAD
Kelly‏ @YAFantasyFan  Aug 21
Replying to @CateHart @kaitylynne13 and 2 others
I've been asking for a Sucker Punch group of girls for forever. And a Harley Quinn retelling! UGH! You just added witches to the mix. #MSWL

Kaitlyn Johnson‏ @kaitylynne13  Aug 21
Replying to @CateHart @YAFantasyFan and 2 others
#mswl southern gothic with alcohol, orphans, gators (yes bayou thank you), and diverse!

Cate Hart‏ @CateHart  Aug 21
Replying to @CateHart @YAFantasyFan and 3 others
Just throwing down the #mswl gauntlet but SOUTHERN GOTHIC APPALACHIAN WITCHES YA







1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this. Nobody wants what I've got, but one of these days someone will.

    ReplyDelete